Wednesday 14 January 2015

Oop’s That Was an Expensive Buzzard

And I didn’t even get to see it. I had a drive to Quarrington Hill today for the Rough-Legged Buzzard that has been around for the last few days. Unfortunately, the ice and a post had other ideas. The car skidded on some ice near the waste disposal yard at Quarrington Hill and I ended up hitting a large fence post and a small tree (no damage to the post or the tree). Have just taken it to a local garage to asses the damage and I’m now waiting to see how much it’s going to cost me. Looks like I will be doing my photography on foot for a while (cannot see the wife lending me her car).

Oop's
 

4 comments:

  1. Good job it was only a car.
    John.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OUCH.......and the worst part, you didn't get to see the bird !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks pretty bad Ron, but I take it the damage is superficial rather than mechanical . . . and only your pride and your wallet got hurt. Never mind, it'll give you the chance to explore locally, you might find a nice new patch (silver linings and all that) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeh mechanically its ok there are just a few panels and lights to change but the bloke at the garage I took it to said not to drive it around, as I would probably be pulled by the police. And I am not taking it to the main dealership, as I would have to re-mortgage the house so I may have to wait awhile before my local garage can fit me in. So locally it is.

    ReplyDelete