Monday 28 September 2015

Black Darter at last

A morning and afternoon trip to Kibblesworth yesterday in the hunt for Black Darter. It was a few weeks ago that I thought I had had my last hunt for these cracking Dragonflies but I have kept trying and I am pleased I did. I got my first Black Darter here for the first time this year thanks to a man (I’m sorry I did not get your name) who went out of his way to show me where he had seen one. I got on to one almost straightaway and boy did it pose for me I was able to get some half-decent shots. It wasn’t the only one I saw, there were another two, at least, on the big pond. There were quite a few Common Darter and a couple of Southern Hawker and Migrant Hawker.

There were a few Speckled Wood butterflies and a nice Common Blue around as well and a couple of people out for a walk put a Roe Buck Deer up. All in all a cracking day out.


Black Darter





Southern Hawker





Migrant Hawker

Common Darter

Common Darter

Roe Buck (settings on the camera were for DOF not speed)

Common Blue

Speckled Wood

Spider & Web

No comments:

Post a Comment