Wednesday 9 December 2015

Some distant and some close

I had a drive down to the Team Valley this morning for the Waxwing that had been seen there. None around (I didn’t know it at the time but I was in the wrong place) so it was off to Lamesley to see if anything was around there. Just as I opened the window of the hide a Little Egret took off, I managed a poor flight shot. A few Greylag were on the pond one with a neck ring (to me this seems a bit cruel although it did not look in any distress) bearing the letters PYT. A Kingfisher flew through and little later I saw it catch a fish in the small stream that runs into the pond outside the hide. All of these birds were at a bit of a distance. However, it was thanks to Rob that I got some fairly close shots of the Waxwing I had been looking for at the Teams. He turned up at the hide and I mentioned that I had been looking for the Waxwing it was at this point I found out I had been at the wrong place. He went out of his way to take me to the spot where he had seen them. We parked up but they were not around, I got back into the car to find a better parking place when the Waxwing flew just above us and landed in a tree not far away so it was out of the car to get some shots. Many thanks Rob.


Little Egret

Greylag

Kingfisher


Waxwing

 

No comments:

Post a Comment