Monday 11 January 2016

Hartlepool

First time out this year to photograph wildlife after being loaded with cold (I blame taking pictures of the flood when I got soaked) and I picked the coldest, foggiest day so far this year to try to see the Glaucous Gull at Hartlepool. I did see it briefly at Jackson's Landing but it was flying away from me at the time so no decent shots. I didn’t see it when I was across at the other side of the landing. It was apparently on the ground taking bread, which someone had thrown for the gulls, but as I said, I didn’t see it because someone walked through the gulls while they were feeding and put them up literally just before I got to the spot. The Glaucous was not seen again, at least not while I was there. Off to see the Shore Larks, which I dipped but a pair of Stonechat in the graveyard was a nice surprise. I tried once again for the Glaucous mid afternoon but still no show.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment