Friday 26 August 2016

Low Barns

My wife and I went out for lunch yesterday with a couple of friends of ours and very nice it was too. After lunch, we headed for Low Barns and as it was a bit damp, we decided to head for one of the hides. I am pleased we did. We had been in around half an hour when a blue flash headed up the lake, Kingfisher. It landed on one of the sticks placed at the edge of the lake then another a little closer. It then flew onto the fence just outside the hide. It then got even better as it landed on a large post right in front of us it was so close it filled the frame (I was using a Nikon D500 and 500mm lens). The first two images are cropped the others are not. The only thing I have to complain about was the light; it was rubbish so I had to use very high ISO to get these images.

Kingfisher





 

No comments:

Post a Comment