Sunday 5 February 2017

Mandarin Duck

I had never heard of Primrose Nature Reserve Jarrow until a few days ago but that is where I was last Friday. A Mandarin Duck has been there for a while and as a photographer or “togger “ as I believe the derogatory name is for us, (in northern dialect it is someone who plays football) I could not resist the temptation to get some pictures of what is after all a stunning looking bird. However, imagine how daft I felt when I turned up with a togger’s favourite weapon a “long lens” to be told, “You’ll not need that man, it comes up to the fence”. So off I went long lens between my legs (over my shoulder actually) back to the car to get a togger’s second favourite weapon a “shorter lens”. And they were right it did eventually “come up to the fence”.

Mandarin










Kingfisher. Oh for a togger’s favourite weapon when this turned up.
 

1 comment:

  1. I like your article because you present the great information about Duck and I really like Mandarin Duck Images such a beautiful pictures you present.

    ReplyDelete