Sunday 16 April 2017

Northumberland

A day spent in Northumberland where my target bird was the Spoonbill at Druridge Pools. Always distant I managed a few shots until some people out for a walk spooked it. On the pool at the Oddie Hide were Sand Martin, Great Crested Grebe and Gadwall. In the dunes, a pair of Stonechat were flitting from post to post. A real bonus was a pair of Marsh Harriers at East Chevington the male gathering nesting material. The only thing missing on a cracking day was the sun.

Spoonbill




Male Marsh Harrier. I was by myself at the hedge watching the Harriers for ages. All of a sudden the hordes arrived, some none birders/photographers wondered what I was looking at, it started to become very loud so I left them to it.

Gathering nesting material


Female Marsh Harrier


Sand Martin


Great Crested Grebe. I thought the bird on the left was going to pass the fish it was carrying to the other bird but it didn’t.

Gadwall


Male Stonechat

Female Stonechat
 

No comments:

Post a Comment