Thursday 29 June 2017

A few from work, again

We have had a family of four Wrens fledge form a nest in the drift mine at work. They have nested in the mine for the last three years at least, always choosing a different hole in the wall to build their nest. This is the first time I have seen them fledge. Three of them left the mine before visitors arrived but one of the guides had to carry the fourth out while he was taking a tour down the mine. I have also added some other images that I have taken at work over the past couple of weeks.

Young Wren in our drift mine

The Adult birds were trying to tempt them out with food.


On its way out of the mine

Clinging to the drift mine gates before making it to the grass bank above

The majority of Damselflies I have seen at work so far this year are Large Reds



This one landed next to a Shield Bug



Plenty of Common Blue Butterflies. I wish the background hadn’t been as messy it could have been a canny shot



A fair few Ringlets about as well

Hoverfly hovering

I like the colour of its eyes

Common White Wave moth

Moth

Spider
 

No comments:

Post a Comment