Thursday 21 September 2017

I Got What I Went For

Shibdon Ponds on Tuesday (good to meet up with George) for Hawkers. A few Migrant were on the wing (however I still don’t hold out much hope for my identification skills) and I managed to get a mating wheel and a few flight shots. There were about a dozen Red Admirals at the base of one tree presumably drinking from the sap although I could not see any seeping out. I was hoping to see Common Lizard at a well know spot, I did, but only one was sunning its self. All in all a good afternoon out.

Mating Migrant Hawker (cheers once again Alan).



Migrant Hawker


Spider hanging around

This Common Darter was stuck in its wed

Common Lizard


Red Admiral on the base of a tree and even a Wasp was trying to get onto it


Mallard

I wondered what had sent the Mallard up so I looked up and this Sparrowhawk was above my head
 

2 comments:

  1. I think you'll find they're all migrant hawkers Ron, lovely pics, gutted I wasn't able to get there meself on Tuesday, circumstances construed against me (as usual)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still can't get it right. Thanks for keeping me right (again) next time they are all Hawkers lol. It's a pity you couldn't get there it was a cracking afternoon.

    Cheers Ron

    ReplyDelete